Collection of information
InwenTech will collect personal information about individuals directly from those individuals or their authorised representative.
We may collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if the individual has consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect their personal information in this way.
InwenTech will only collect information that is used to conduct our business functions or activities.
This includes the following details:
- Name, title and position description
- Business address, business phone, fax and e-mail
- Personal data/interests related to specialised marketing & customer loyalty programs
Personal information that is not required for business or that is inappropriate is not collected.
Sensitive information or government identifiers are not collected or recorded.
Use and disclosure
We only use information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities.
Information will not be disclosed to another organisation within the same or any industry for commercial use.
Customer information may be disclosed to a third party (usually another customer) as a reference or to assist in technical support or service issues. Disclosure will occur only upon verbal agreement with the customer whose records are concerned.
Customer information may be disclosed to a third party in cases where:
- InwenTech has the consent of the customer concerned
- InwenTech is required by law or legal process to make the disclosure
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
The security of the data is ensured through implementation of the following:
- Prevention of loss of data through documented back-up procedures
- Prevention of data being stolen through isolation and daily lock-up of all electronic records
- Prevention of hacking – no external connection to server. All external communications occur through a router equipped with a firewall
- Prevention of manipulation of data – all access to customer data through either our customer relationship management database or our accounting database are password protected. The database managers can view all changes and who made them.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Transparency and openness
On request, this document outlining information handling will be available to any customer or person whose records are held by InwenTech.
You have the right to view any personal information that we hold about you and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you. This does not include sales history or information which may directly affect future sales negotiations.
Customers have the opportunity to request removal from the contact database at any time or to refuse marketing material and other communications. You can unsubscribe from our email list by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options noted in our emails.
(b) wishes to seek access to their personal information
(c) or has any other privacy concerns
They can contact us via:
Chief Executive Officer
Last reviewed 28/01/2022